Monday, March 10, 2008
2 minutes to midnight.
Whatever.
We - Naomi, Meng, Candy, Jinghui, myself - celebrated JH's bday. We hung out at Plaza Singapura. We meant to watch a movie but it got too late. So we just dined and talked and laughed.
Got a little moody midway for a while. I really am sorry for my wild mood swings. I can't quite tell you why. Perhaps I do have Asperger syndrome. If so, that just sucks.
Asperger syndrome is one of the autism spectrum disorders (ASD) or pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), which are a spectrum of psychological conditions that are characterized by abnormalities of social interaction and communication that pervade the individual's functioning, and by restricted and repetitive interests and behavior.The lack of demonstrated empathy is possibly the most dysfunctional aspect of Asperger syndrome. Individuals with AS experience difficulties in basic elements of social interaction, which may include a failure to develop friendships or enjoy spontaneous interests or achievements with others, a lack of social or emotional reciprocity, and impaired nonverbal behaviors such as eye contact, facial expression, posture, and gesture.People with AS may analyze and distill their observation of social interaction into rigid behavioral guidelines and apply these rules in awkward ways—such as forced eye contact—resulting in demeanor that appears rigid.Asperger’s initial accounts and other diagnostic schemes include descriptions of motor clumsiness. Children with AS may be delayed in acquiring motor skills that require motor dexterity, such as bicycle riding or opening a jar, and may appear awkward or "uncomfortable in their own skin". They may be poorly coordinated, or have an odd or bouncy gait or posture, poor handwriting. Children with AS are more likely to have sleep problems, including difficulty in falling asleep, frequent nocturnal awakenings, and early morning awakenings.It's pretty funny. I started laughing when I read the part about bouncy gait. Do I bounce? I hope not. And there was a part about how their dreams are very real and structured. I must say my dreams are utterly mad and if they were true, I'd be dead many times over. And they say people with AS - while they get humour, irony, wordplay, teasing - they do not like it. I love irony. So most likely I do not have AS, I've decided.
I do agree with the awkwardness, clumsiness and social interactions, though. If you don't think so, you haven't watched me in P.E. I am a running hazard to me and everyone else. And I suck at social gatherings and you know it. Isn't it ironic what I'm gonna study?
Zamn! I am going to try to sleep and then when I wake up I will analyze my dream to see if its anything like real life. Ha!
P.S
Q: What put this thing in my head?
Ans: A mad girl with a tiara.
i thought the world of you
11:57 PM